Sustainability Contestable Fund | Ministry of Education
The Sustainability Contestable Fund has been established to support schools to reduce their environmental impact and improve their operational efficiency.
The current funding round closes on 3rd August 2020.
The Fund can be used to support projects that achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- Replacement or conversion of systems that require non-renewable energy sources (e.g. coal boilers)
- Reduction in energy usage
- Reduction of waste and/or increased recycling
- Reduction of carbon (CO2) emissions through the use of new technology, infrastructure or energy sources
- Increased energy resilience, especially for rural and remote schools
- Other property projects that have a positive environmental impact.
It is recognised that these projects offer educational and additional learning opportunities for students. With supporting information and curriculum materials, these projects can also highlight affirmative action and decrease climate change anxiety amongst students.
More information and application forms can be found at www.education.govt.nz/school/funding-and-financials/funding/sustainability-contestable-fund/